VSTS Big Event is coming
Want to learn more about Visual Studio Team System? Microsoft's technical specialists in the western United States have organized the Team System Big Event. It's a full day event covering all aspects of Application Lifecycle Management. Locations are Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Irvine, CA; Mountain View, CA and Portland, OR. There will be presenters from both Microsoft and the development community, including Team System MVP’s. I'll be presenting a couple of sessions in Irvine. Microsoft plans to pack in each venue, so tell your friends..
Be sure to register below, and download the Team System Big Event
- Test Driven Development: Improving .NET Application Performance & Scalability
- This session will demonstrate how to leverage Test Driven Development in Team System. We’ll highlight both writing unit tests up front as well as creating test stubs for existing code.
- "It Works on My Machine!" Closing the Loop Between Development & Testing
- In this session, we will examine the traditional barriers between the developer and tester; and how Team System can help remove those walls.
- Treating Databases as First-Class Citizens in Development
- Team System Database Edition elevates database development to the same level as code development. See how Database Edition enables database change management, automation, comparison, and deployment.
- Architecture without Big Design Up Front
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2010 Architecture Edition, introduces new UML designers, use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams that can visualize existing code, layering to enforce dependency rules, and physical designers to visualize, analyze, and refactor your software. See how VSTS extends UML logical views into physical views of your code. Learn how to create relationships from these views to work items and project metrics, how to extend these designers, and how to programmatically transform models into patterns for other domains and disciplines.
- Development Best Practices & How Microsoft Helps
- Sometimes development teams get too bogged down with the details. Take a deep breath, step back, and re-acquaint yourself with a review of current development best practice trends, including continuous integration, automation, and requirements analysis; and see how Microsoft tools map to those practices.
- "Bang for Your Buck" Getting the Most out of Team Foundation Server
- Today’s IT budgets are forcing teams to do as much as they can with as little as possible. Why not leverage Team Foundation Server to its full potential? In this session we’ll highlight some capabilities of TFS that you may or may not already know about to help you maximize productivity.
Welcome: 8:00 AM
Seminar: 8:30-5:00 PM
||April 22, 2009
||Click here to register with invitation code: DD1A7F
|Mountain View, CA
||April 28, 2009
||Click here to register with invitation code: 80D459
||April 30, 2009
||Click here to register with invitation code: A86389
||May 5, 2009
||Click here to register with invitation code: 2DC0A9
||May 7, 2009
||Click here to register with invitation code: 90BC47
To Register by Phone – Call 1.877.MSEVENT (1.877.673.8368) with invitation code.